3C Saturday Night Worship
This Saturday, 5-6pm, Christian Worship Band
and a Message- Starting New!
are available after Worship.
come for some new inspiration for the new year!
Referring to the Bible, Acts 2, this is what the disciples and the early church did in their prayers. First of all, they acknowledged him to be the God of creation, there in verse 24: “You made the heaven and the earth.” In verse 25, as we saw this morning, he is the God who has made himself known, the God of revelation “You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David.” And in verse 28, referring to those who are antagonistic to the things of Christ, “They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.” So, the God to whom they come in prayer is the God of creation, the God of revelation, and the God of history. The God of creation: “You made.” The God of revelation: “You spoke.” The God of history: “You decided.”
Now, once they have framed an understanding of who God is, they are then in a position to come in supplication. That’s why it’s so very important. How would we know how great and wonderful God is to ask him things if we do not first understand the nature of God himself? And so their prayers begin in this way. It clarified their vision and it put them in their place, humbly.
Pray for our country to follow Christ, our family and friends to follow Christ, and our church to be a praying church! Amen.
This is an excerpt from a sermon from truth for life. Google that and listen to some great Bible teaching free! God’s riches blessings to you! Pastor Penny Magee
You are invited to worship this Sunday, the fourth Sunday of Advent. We are replacing our traditional format with a cantana, where scripture readings and choir performances dominate the worship. Come sing and be merry with at Mt. Washington United Methodist Church, 6365 Corbly Road.
12 days of Christmas..
.1. The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ
2. Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments
3 Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love
4.The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
5. The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament
6. The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation
7. Seven swans a-swimming represented the seven fold gifts of the Holy Spirit- Prophecy,Serving, Teaching, Encouraging, Contribution, Leadership and Mercy
8. The eight maids a milking were the 8 beatitudes (blessed are) from Jesus sermon on the Mount in the Bible, New testament, book of Matthew 5th chapter
9. Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit- Love, Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and Self Control
10 The ten lords a-leaping were the 10 commandments found in the Bible, Old Testament, the book of Exodus, chapter 20
11. The eleven pipers piping were the eleven faithful disciples
12. The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles Creed.
Enjoy Christ this Christmas! Pastor Penny Magee
Every Sunday is special at church, but this Sunday is EXTRA special.
The children of the church and the CEC will perform their Christmas Pageant, and after worship we will have cake to celebrate Jesus’ birthday.
Watch the video to get a 90 second preview from Pastor Penny. Worship starts at 10AM at 6365 Corbly Road. See you then!